Yes, guys, this is a recipe of the easiest, most amazing Chocolate Fudge Cake you will ever find! You will thank me later someday.
All the ingredients can easily be found from any nearby grocery store
with attractive deals and promos, The ingredients needed to prepare this amazing cake should be of high quality, especially the Cocoa powder. Why? The higher the quality of the cocoa the richer the cake will taste. Moreover, we will be using a good quality chocolate bar for the ganache: Cadbury ‘Bubbly’.
All-purpose flour - 1 & 3/4 cups
Cocoa powder - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 2 cups
Vegetable Oil - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
Egg - 2
Milk - 1 cup
Hot Water - 1 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp
The secret to make the cake gooey is the ganache (icing). So here are the ingredients:
Fresh Cream - 200 ml
Cadbury Bubbly Chocolate - 200 gms bar :)
I assumed 1 cup to be equivalent to 250 ml. Remember this is a cake and even the slightest variation in measurements can lead to a disappointment. So keep it simple. Also, I took 2 cake tins, preferably 9 inches each. But a tin of some other dimension will also work.
The method is super easy
1. First mix the dry ingredients together: All-purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar.
2. Add the wet ingredients now. Vegetable oil, vanilla essence, eggs, milk.
3. Gently blend the mix, then add 1 cup hot water and mix till it combines well. Note: do not blend for long)
4. Grease the cake tins OR place butter paper in the tin and then dust the tins with flour.
5. Pour the cake batter to 3/4 height of the tins. Bake at 180 for 40 minutes.
Note: Check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean without sticking, then it’s cooked.
To make the cake look more exciting cover the top with the icing (and of course, I opted for this). You can also use rainbow sprinkles or crushed Oreos.
For chocolate ganache (icing)
6. To a sauce pan, add fresh cream & Cadbury Bubbly chocolate bar. Melt completely in low flame.
7. With a knife, separate the sides of the cake from the tin.
8. Flip a plate on top and flip back with the tin to transfer the cake.
9. Slice the cakes horizontally to half.
10. To the bottom half of one, spread the icing. Then place the bottom of the other cake.
11. Again spread the icing on top and layer the top portion of the cake.
12. Now spread the icing all over the cake and give any finishing touches you like. You can enjoy the remaining chocolate left in the bowl. Chocolate Fudge Cake is ready to be served!
I made this cake for Father's day, you could do the same by giving your beloved Mom or Dad a surprise gift topped with this yummy sweet treat.
This is how my awesome cake looked. What does your cake look like?